Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

Small white hard bump on the side of my nose.

Customer Question

I have this small white hard bump on the side of my nose. I have had it for a few months. At first it looked like a pimple and I tried very hard to pop it. Lately I noticed it is now on top of a brown bump. It is perfectly oval with no other color variation except this white bump. Could this brown bump be the result of me trying to pop this bump or is this a sign of something else.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 4 years ago.
Would it be possible to take a photograph of the bump at your convenience?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the photograph. This bump seems like a Colloid Milium. This normally occurs in the 6th or 7th decade of life and apart form looking bad is completely harmless. The photograph is not all that clear on zooming in so though I'm pretty sure this is what you have I cannot be 100% certain. The other possibility would be a Molluscum Contagiosum which is a viral infection of the skin. Both of these are easily treatable and you should see a doctor at your convenience.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So the brown lesion underneath it isn't anything to be concerned about
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 4 years ago.

I just zoomed in again and took a close look but cannot make out much of a brown lesion - so no I don't think its anything to be concerned about, it is most likely an age spot or seborrheic keratosis. Or it could some degree of scarring from your efforts to pop it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 4 years ago.
You're most welcome! Regards.