Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

Treatment for fungal infection on penis and scrotum

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Sasi Attili : If its not responded to treatment we would have to reconsider tge diagnosis. Can you give me more details about the rash and if possible upload photos?
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Herewith more detail. I am a diabetic Type 2, wich is under control through correct diet, plus Glyguard, 80mg (1 tablet in morning and 1 at night) plus 1 Glucophage XR SRT at night.

The infected skin is dry, smooth, and does not itch. I have been batteling

with this condition for a couple of months.

My wife is not infected, at our age we leave sex to the youger people.

fungus

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The lack of itch is against both a fungal infection and eczema. Do you or anyone else in the family have psoriasis, because that is what it looks like...? How ling has it been going on for? If you can get your GP to take a skin scraping that would easily exclude the diagnosis of a fungal infection. I would suggest using dovobet ointment once daily for 3-4 weeks and that should help if it is psoriasis
Experience: MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have several chronic lesions of psoriasis, mainly on elbows and scalp. These lesions are red, very rough and flaky. I have been using Dovobet cream and Dovonex Scalp lotion, as well as Elocon 1% cream and Elocon 1% lotion/drops for scalp lesions..The skin of my genitals however, is dry, soft and smooth.

I will try Dovobet, as you have suggested, andI will also ask my GP or local dermatologist to take a scraping, which I think they should have done long ago.

Thank you once more.

Regards

Conrad

Ok. Please do that. Best wishes