Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I have a tear in my skin inside the top of my butt crack.

I have a tear in my skin inside the top of my butt crack. I did not notice it until my husband picked my up very tightly and I think he might have torn the skin in that area, cuz I did not notice it until then. either that or it is chapped. But I dont think its chapped or I would have noticed it sooner. What do you think it is and what should I do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 4 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

It is quite possible that you have a small tear in the area - this can especially happen if the skin in the natal cleft is dry. Just apply Bacitracin ointment on it - twice a day for 7-10 days, and it should heal. If it doesn't then you might have cutaneous candidiasis and should see a doctor if possible for appropriate treatment. Regards.