DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have redness tiny blisters and a burning sensation on my

Customer Question

I have redness tiny blisters and a burning sensation on my face, especially my cheeks. This started about 5 days ago and each day has gotten worse. I have not changed anything in my skin care routine since I have extremely sensitive skin. Haven't been out in sun. I am allergic to shrimp but haven't been anywhere near that. Any clues? Is this a possible symptom of another condition? I am 56 female.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 years ago.
Hello
where on the face?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cheeks are the worse; bottom around eyes, nose, around lips and forehead. Basically whole face, but most pronounced on cheeks.
burning blisters can be shingles
usually on one side of the face
They can also be MRSA a staph infection
Both would need treatment, prescription treatment.

Of course allergy is possible....but I would have the blisters swabbed for the lab and looked at.

Then probably treat with benedryl and/or antibiotics
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the blisters are only on my cheeks and very tiny; I doubt they can be swabbed by a lab. When I put water on my face it feels better. When I dry my face, if feels dry But when put on any face cream - including baby lotion - starts burning again. I doubt I have a staph infection; no other symptoms.
Swabbed by the doc for a lab
Still sounds like it could be shingles...if very painful likely
Staph can present as tiny blisters that spread.
Allergic reaction would respond to benedryl which you could try in the meantime.
good luck
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if it is shingles, wouldn't I have this reaction in other parts of my body? I thought shingles is painful, not burning. I've had this on my face for over 4-5 days now. It hasn't gotten any better or worse - that's shingles?
shingles wold be a burning set of blisters
not on the rest of the body it hits one area
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where does it come from? and what do I do to treat it?
It is old chicken pox virus
As I have said you have to get meds from the doc
In this case acyclovir
But basically if shingles it has to run its course.
Acyclovir can shorten that process
good luck
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
the doctor provided answers that I already found on the internet and was not helpful at all. I would like a refund.