dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

small pimple/blister came on my hand and a little water comes

Customer Question

Image of the pimples/blisterssmall pimple/blister came on my hand and a little water comes out of them after regular interval. Intially it was on my palms only , now it has started spreading all accors my Hand as well
Submitted: 2 years ago via HealthCare.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

Hello

dermdoc19 :

Thank you for the photograph.

Customer :

hI DOC

dermdoc19 :

This appears to be pompholyx,

Customer :

you need more pic?

dermdoc19 :

This a dyshidrotic eczema. It is felt to be caused by irritation of the skin and then sweat is trapped causing itching and a rash.

dermdoc19 :

Sure, more pics would not hurt.

Customer :

2nd Image
Full Size Image

Customer :

see the tip of the finger. It is getting worsed day by day

dermdoc19 :

I am assuming these are itching.

Customer :

I have tried 2 creams on it : 1) Ceflox -CF (Ciprofloxacin,Flucinolone , Acetonide&Clotrimazole Cream)

Customer :

2) MIXDREM-GM(Clobetasol propionate,Neomycin sulphate&Miconazole Nitrate Cream)

dermdoc19 :

I would recommend treating this with cold wet dressings twice a day. Dome Boro is preferred, but cool tap water can be used.

dermdoc19 :

Was MixDrem a prescribed product?

Customer :

I used it for other itching cases in my body..

Customer :

Dome Boro - Is this a cream or Powder

dermdoc19 :

Curious, is MixDerm a prescribed product? What did your prior physician think this was....a mixture like that usually means they were stumped?

dermdoc19 :

Dome boro comes as either a tablet or powder.

dermdoc19 :

It is mixed into cool water and used as a compress. Compress twice a day for 10-15 minutes.

dermdoc19 :

Then apply a steroid cream. I prefer mid strength such as Fluticasone or Locoid Lipocream.

dermdoc19 :

I like oral corticosteroids to treat this, in small doses. Say 5 mg. over ten days.

dermdoc19 :

For longer term I like to alternate a topical steroid with Protopic ointment. This causes less of a rebound from the steroids.

dermdoc19 :

Absolutely do not use Neosproin or Ciprofloxin on this. It can cause a skin allergy complicating things.

dermdoc19 :

Allegra 180 mg in the day and Benedryl 25 mg. at night may help with the itching somewhat.

dermdoc19 :

If you smoke, this is another reason to quit, since smoking is implicated in this condition.

dermdoc19 :

Happy to answer further questions.

Customer :

I like oral corticosteroids to treat this, in small doses. Say 5 mg. over ten days. >> What is this, any specific oral medicine..

dermdoc19 :

Prednisone 5 mg.

Customer :

Is Fluticasone = fluticasone propionate ointment ?

dermdoc19 :

Yes.

Customer :

As a start Up I would prefer doing the 2 STEPS 1) I have to was my hands in the misture of COO WATER+ DOME BORO POWDER . 2) Apply fluticasone propionate ointment .. DO I NEED TO TAKE Prednisone or ALLEGRA or BENADRYL syrup as compulsion?

Customer :

Please suggest as per the stage of MY DEISEASE

dermdoc19 :

No wash your hands with Cetaphil Restoraderm Cleanser. You apply the Dome boro solution as a compress... cool water compresses. When dry apply Fluticasone. I would use the anti-histamines only if the itching is bad. The anti-histamines are not going to make the rash go away. I personally, like a bit of oral steroids ( Prednisone 5 mg. for ten days) to knock this out and then rely on creams.

dermdoc19 :

At this point your case is not severe and the above should control it. However, hand eczema is a common and difficult problem.

Customer :

Dome boro solution - How to uses it . Apply on hands or MIX it with water and then APPLY?

dermdoc19 :

Compresses. Mix it. There will be directions of the box: Mix in 1/2 pint of cool water. Take a washcloth and wring dry and apply to area. Do this for about 10-15 minutes.

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.