dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

small pimple/blister came on my hand and a little water comes

Customer Question

Image of the pimples/blisterssmall pimple/blister came on my hand and a little water comes out of them after regular interval. Intially it was on my palms only , now it has started spreading all accors my Hand as well
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthCare.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 5 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

Hello

dermdoc19 :

Thank you for the photograph.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

hI DOC

dermdoc19 :

This appears to be pompholyx,

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

you need more pic?

dermdoc19 :

This a dyshidrotic eczema. It is felt to be caused by irritation of the skin and then sweat is trapped causing itching and a rash.

dermdoc19 :

Sure, more pics would not hurt.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

2nd Image
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

see the tip of the finger. It is getting worsed day by day

dermdoc19 :

I am assuming these are itching.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

I have tried 2 creams on it : 1) Ceflox -CF (Ciprofloxacin,Flucinolone , Acetonide&Clotrimazole Cream)

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

2) MIXDREM-GM(Clobetasol propionate,Neomycin sulphate&Miconazole Nitrate Cream)

dermdoc19 :

I would recommend treating this with cold wet dressings twice a day. Dome Boro is preferred, but cool tap water can be used.

dermdoc19 :

Was MixDrem a prescribed product?

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

I used it for other itching cases in my body..

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

Dome Boro - Is this a cream or Powder

dermdoc19 :

Curious, is MixDerm a prescribed product? What did your prior physician think this was....a mixture like that usually means they were stumped?

dermdoc19 :

Dome boro comes as either a tablet or powder.

dermdoc19 :

It is mixed into cool water and used as a compress. Compress twice a day for 10-15 minutes.

dermdoc19 :

Then apply a steroid cream. I prefer mid strength such as Fluticasone or Locoid Lipocream.

dermdoc19 :

I like oral corticosteroids to treat this, in small doses. Say 5 mg. over ten days.

dermdoc19 :

For longer term I like to alternate a topical steroid with Protopic ointment. This causes less of a rebound from the steroids.

dermdoc19 :

Absolutely do not use Neosproin or Ciprofloxin on this. It can cause a skin allergy complicating things.

dermdoc19 :

Allegra 180 mg in the day and Benedryl 25 mg. at night may help with the itching somewhat.

dermdoc19 :

If you smoke, this is another reason to quit, since smoking is implicated in this condition.

dermdoc19 :

Happy to answer further questions.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

I like oral corticosteroids to treat this, in small doses. Say 5 mg. over ten days. >> What is this, any specific oral medicine..

dermdoc19 :

Prednisone 5 mg.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

Is Fluticasone = fluticasone propionate ointment ?

dermdoc19 :

Yes.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

As a start Up I would prefer doing the 2 STEPS 1) I have to was my hands in the misture of COO WATER+ DOME BORO POWDER . 2) Apply fluticasone propionate ointment .. DO I NEED TO TAKE Prednisone or ALLEGRA or BENADRYL syrup as compulsion?

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

Please suggest as per the stage of MY DEISEASE

dermdoc19 :

No wash your hands with Cetaphil Restoraderm Cleanser. You apply the Dome boro solution as a compress... cool water compresses. When dry apply Fluticasone. I would use the anti-histamines only if the itching is bad. The anti-histamines are not going to make the rash go away. I personally, like a bit of oral steroids ( Prednisone 5 mg. for ten days) to knock this out and then rely on creams.

dermdoc19 :

At this point your case is not severe and the above should control it. However, hand eczema is a common and difficult problem.

JACUSTOMER-xij8udja- :

Dome boro solution - How to uses it . Apply on hands or MIX it with water and then APPLY?

dermdoc19 :

Compresses. Mix it. There will be directions of the box: Mix in 1/2 pint of cool water. Take a washcloth and wring dry and apply to area. Do this for about 10-15 minutes.