DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

Are little red bumps on the penis tip after sex normal?

Customer Question

How about little red bumps on the tip of my penis after sex...is it normal?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 years ago.

Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.

Any other symptoms with it?

Was it particularly vigorous intercourse?

No condom used?

Any chance of STD?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No other symptoms , it was visible half hour after sex..no condom existing partner ...never can be sure about chances of STD? It doesn't feel I wasn't able to tell the difference till shower time...it doesn't hurt or anything it is just at the penis head looks like little under skin red bumps ..and they are all over the head...I haven't seen or had anything like this before, in your answer please include if this is normal, I mean does it happen sometimes from normal sexual activities , should I see a doctor in person right away...is there any other symptoms that I should watch for? And if any changes how soon can I expect changes for example to go away or progress if it is anything serious?My real question is, if it is some sort of STD, does it show instantly ?Please explain what you think...also this bumps are not really bumps that stick out it's more like red circle discoloration under skin on the penis head?I am just concerned...help me understand..Thanks. Is there instant reaction possible to any STD this was instant like

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 years ago.

Okay, first just relax.

I believe these are entirely normal. I was just trying to gauge how likely this could be an STD.

At this point, with no other symptoms and the description you provided, I highly doubt it is an STD.

These are normal and are likely fordyce spots or penile papules.

Nothing to worry about unless you develop new symptoms like pain or discharge.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want more information,

I am scared because it never happened before, now I have been seeing this partner for a long time, we haven't had an intercourse till last night, it was all normal ..

Now this is practically new partner to me, even tough we know each other forever.

I got only this discoloration and its just weird, can you PLEASE explain if this was one of those nasty things..that like break ...it still wouldn't be instant right..I don't think she has anything but I am still just trying to find peace ..if she does it still wouldn't be instant transfer..I mean this discoloration and bumps wouldn't instantly show after 20 minutes or whatever maybe an hour after the intercourse?

It is just hard to believe for me and I need you to tell me can some type of STD instantly show like this? (Normally it is not instant)

First real intercourse and half hour later discoloration and bumps???

Can it be STD?

She claims she is 100% clean and offers testing togheter..She believes I am over thinking.

Please answer

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 years ago.

1)No, it wouldn't be an instant transfer

2)Yes, it is from irritation of penis. It is very common. Like I said, penile papules or fordyce spots.

3)Highly unlikely to be an STD.

4)Yes, you are over thinking. :)