Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

What are the hard white bumps on my face They are on my forehead,

What are the hard white bumps on my face? They are on my forehead, nose and around my nose and some below my chin. Nothing comes out of then and they are about 1/4 the size of a dime.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Are these bumps pure white or yellowish-white in color?

How long had them?

Do any of them have a central umbilication?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The bumps are mostly white. I have had some of them for possibly 5-10 years.

Most of then have a central umbilication, the one on the end of my nose appears to have a hole in the center of it.

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. The bumps you are concerned about are called Sebaceous Hyperplasia. This is a normal change related to ageing and not a sign of any disease or pathological process. Once formed these bumps are persistent and can be left alone if they are not bothering you cosmetically. If they are then they can be removed with a CO2 laser. This will have to be done by a dermatologist. No cream or medicine is effective in this condition.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.