Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I got a small red spot on my face, I think its because I scratched

Customer Question

I got a small red spot on my face, I think it's because I scratched it and I have sensitive skin. What can I do to make it go away?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Is this spot flat or raised? Would it show up in a photograph - if so can you take one at your convenience?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's flat
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
Can you take a photograph?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, but how can I send it ?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
Great! You can upload the pictures to the question box by clicking on the paper clip or tree icon in the question box toolbar. This toolbar does not display in google chrome and safari so an alternate browser may be required.

Another option is to upload pictures to or and send me the link.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I only have safari in this computer, so can you just tell me what kind of cream I can use? i"s just a small red spot, do you think I can use fucudin cream?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Sure. Yes go ahead and apply Fucidin cream twice a day for about 7 days. It is important to keep the spot protected from sunlight to avoid the erythema (redness) lasting for weeks. To this end use an SPF 50 sunscreen three times a day (8 am, 12 pm and 4 pm). In the morning apply the fucidin first and then apply the sunscreen 10 minutes later. If you find that the erythema has not faded significantly in 4-5 days then mix 1% cortizone cream with the fucidin cream in a 1:1 ratio and apply twice a day for another week. All of this is available without a prescription.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.