Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

can you get cold sores on your face other than your lips i have blister like itchy splo

can you get cold sores on your face ? other than your lips? i have blister like itchy sploches on my face.doctor says its a bite.i don't think so.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 years ago.

Dermadoc :

hello

Customer:

hi,what would you like to know?

Dermadoc :

u can get it anywhere on your face , in areas other than the lips.

Dermadoc :

is there a photo taht you have of these blisters?

Customer:

ok. i originally had 2 cold sores on my lip after swimming in public pool.now i have 10 blister like oozing sores on my left cheek.

Dermadoc :

it could be cold sores on the cheek as well.

Dermadoc :

what you need to do is apply neosporin cream over it twice a day.

Dermadoc :

also u will need to tablet valacyclovir 1000 mg twice a day for 5 days.

Customer:

i have tried hydrocortisone,not very successfully.i have a pic on my iphone.

Dermadoc :

you will need to insert the pictures here using the pin sign on the toolbar above the space where you are typing or

u can upload it on picasa and then copy the link on the address bar and paste it here

Customer:

how can i send it to you?

Dermadoc :

hydrocortisone will not help in cold sores at all. in fact, it may increase the infection.

Customer:

i don't know how to copy and paste,sorry.

Customer:

is there an email or phone that i can send it to?

Dermadoc :

For pictures: On your question page, there is a tool bar above the reply box at the bottom of the page (if the tool bar is not showing, you might be using a browser that JustAnswer's not optimized for and you may want to try Firefox or Internet Explorer, both are free to download). Once you have the tool bar showing, click the tree icon and then browse to choose a GIF, PNG, or JPG. Upload and then insert it.

File size is limited to 1 MB. For files bigger than 1MB, you can go to a free file hosting website such as MediaFire.com, Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, or Flickr.com and click the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the upload has completed, you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the other party will be able to click on the link to download the file.

For zip files, PDFs, or spreadsheets: On the toolbar, you’ll need to use the link tool. Enter text (like "download this") in the reply box and then double-click to highlight it (the link option is the tool to the left of the tree icon). In the upper right corner is a browse dialog box, which you can use to locate your file. Select the file and then insert the link. Use the Preview button if you want to test the link and see if it works correctly. File size is limited to 1 MB.

Dermadoc :

if you are unable to download, its ok.

Dermadoc :

u can start the recommended treatment.

Dermadoc :

u will however need a prescription for valacyclovir.

Customer:

sorry,this is far too complicated for me.who will give me script?

Dermadoc :

you will need to get it from your local doctor.

Customer:

thank you for your help.

Dermadoc :

if you cant then you need to order it online from a pharmacy.

Dermadoc :

most welcome.

Dermadoc :

please let me know if you have any queries.

Are you finding this answer useful?

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus or positive feedback would be appreciated.