Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158
Dermatology

I have lumps on both my upper arms, these bumps are under the

skin and for the most... Show More
skin and for the most part you can't see them..but you can feel them, they are hard and range in size from about 1/8 of an inch to almost a inch,,they are hard and fairly attached ..I mean they stay in one place..and some of them are in the exactly the same place on each arm..
Category: Dermatology
replied 5 years ago.

How long have you had these bumps? Have they ever been painful?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
these bumps are tender but they don't exactly hurt..they seem to affect the muscles in my arms to make the arms feel tired.. I first found one on my right arm about two years ago..
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. The two main possibilities based on your history would be lipomas and neurofibromas. The former is an abnormal collection of fat while the latter is an abnormal growth of nerve tissue. They can be differentiated by an investigation known as FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology). I would suggest seeing your GP/Family Physician and discussing these possibilities in person.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Are either of these main possibilites considered cancer?
For first time JustAnswer users: in case you feel your question has been answered adequately, please click on the ACCEPT button.

No neither Lipomas or Neurofibromas are cancers. Regards.