Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD

What is the best thing to use on age spots Thank You

Customer Question

What is the best thing to use on age spots?
Thank You
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Skinner replied 5 years ago.
The best topical treatment would include a sunblock cream with SPF 50 + by day twice daily and a combination of Tretinoin cream, 2% hydroquinone cream and 1% hydrocortisone cream at night for few months.These are prescription drugs.Thanks.Queries welcome.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything otc that would be of any real help. I also have "scars" they are not raised but resemble age spots in reverse which is white. Would a similar product help with these?
Thank You
The OTC option is only a sunblock cream.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes Sir, I understand about the sunblock. I have seen products advertised to help remove age spots and was wondering if any of them were worth trying. Can you recommend anything for the white "spots"?
Thank You
Several bleaching creams are available, but it is better you use them under supervision of your doctor.Vitix gel can be applied thrice daily for your white spots.Thanks again.