Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I am noticing little brown spots on my arms and legs recently.

Customer Question

I am noticing little brown spots on my arms and legs recently. they look like freckles.i have lupus and I'm 44 light complected,I was thinking age spots,but not sure.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Would you be able to take a photograph of the affected area at your convenience? If not do let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The photos don't show much.But on my arms it is the upper backs .And on my legs,the upper portion more towards the back and on the lower portion along the back and sides.nothing is raised it's smooth like freckles.I do have freckles on my face. but this appearing on other parts of my body is something new.I guess I noticed it a month ago.I hope this information helps you.

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. These dark spots may be either lentigines, juncitonal melanocytic nevi or very early seborrheic keratosis. All of these come under the broader term of age spots and are harmless. You may get a few more with age. If they are bothering you cosmetically then they can easily be removed with a CO2 laser.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.