dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a pimple-like rash that started on my chest 5 days ago.

I have a pimple-like rash that started on my chest 5 days ago. it's very itchy and now it's spread to my neck and face. It looks like tiny pimples. I have photos if needed. Any clue to what causes this type of rash?

dermdoc19 :

Hello

dermdoc19 :

A photograph would be very helpful. Please send by clicking the paper clip icon and uploading. Thank you.

dermdoc19 :

This appears to be a folliculitis. I would recommend an antibiotic such as Tetracycline 500 mg. twice day, Phisoderm Wash or Hibiclens 4% wash once a day ( and be sure to rinse off well) and a bleach bath ( 1/2 cup of Chlorox into a 1/2 filled bathtub in the last five minutes of your bath....be sure to rinse off well.)

dermdoc19 :

Bacitracin twice a day on the bumps until you can see your physician. All but the Tetracycline are OTC.

Customer:

Thank you! You are such a great help! I will get that until I can get in to see my doctor.

dermdoc19 :

You're welcome. Good luck.