Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD

I get these bumps on my scalp, same areas. They come and go.

I get these bumps on my scalp, same areas. They come and go. What are they, this condition started within the last four months.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Skinner replied 5 years ago.
are the bumps filled with pus ? are they painful or itchy ? How long do they last ? any skin rashes ? any other medication for any other illness ? thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No pus or itch. I cannot see them as they are at the top of my head. They last about a day or so. I am diabetic and this started after I used some over the counter viginal creme for what I thought was a vaginal infection. At that time I got the bumps all over my scalp, near the stem of my neck and over my ears. I also got the same "come and go bump (one)" around my pubic area, but that one itches. I don't think it was a vaginal infection, but the awful itching contiued until doctor precribed Clobetasol Propionate for the pubic area because of all the scratching. I have not used the cream on my scalp, but the pubic irritation contiues every once in a while and a little dab of the Clobetasol does the trick and it goes away until another day. I use Poise pad for urinary leakage.
Most likely this is folliculitis of the scalp which is common with diabetes.Would suggest Bactroban cream or mupirocin cream thrice daily and oral vit c 1 g daily for 3 weeks.Thanks.Queries most welcome.