Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

What is placentrex gel

Customer Question

What is placentrex gel and vitamin K cream, is placentrex gel same as contratubex that you recommended last time? where to get them?

how come i couldnt send you email directly?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

No contractubex is very different from both these creams. Vitamin-K cream should be available at your local pharmacy without a prescription. I'm not sure if Placentex will be available there but you can buy it off numerous online sites like this one:

http://www.lets-getwell.com/placentrex-gel%C2%AE-20gm-p-1424.html
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are these things safe to use as i am a bit alergic now to anything, the injection is upsetting me and i seem not trust anything any more. I am wondering how they could make such mistake?

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Well as I said I have never seen such a reaction to steroid injection (especially as little as two!). Both the products I have recommended are very safe. I have been using them for many years. However if you want to be doubly sure apply a small amount of the product behind your ear overnight and look for an redness or allergic reaction in the morning. If all is well (and I am sure it will be) then you can go ahead and use them.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Should i apply both of them twice a day? or 1 at a time, could you please describe more on how to use them? should they be around the scar, or on both scar and the surranding area?

I will try to get vitamin K from phamacy today.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Also your initial response actually made lots of sense to me

"Well I have encountered atrophy because of the steroid injection wherein the surrounding skin becomes depressed but never an acutal expansion of the scar. Some patients do say that the scar looks more prominent for a few days after the injection due the edema but this always subsides. If you're saying that too much was injected then perhaps the margins of the scar where there was normal skin has become a little thinned out appearing more red and allowing the underlying blood vessels to show through. If this is the case then I would recommend Placentrex gel applied twice a day over the affected area for a few months. A vitamin K cream would also be helpful."

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

You're most welcome! You can apply them both on the scar as well as the surrounding area. Apply the vitamin K cream twice a day (8am, 6pm) and the placentrex gel once at night before sleefping after washing the scar with soap and water. Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Nair ,
I couldn't find vitamin k cream in any local pharmacy , can you send me the link where I can get both from the same place please?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Here is a link to buying the topical formulation of Vitamin K:

http://www.myvitanet.com/rorelavikge7.html
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is the overall impact on the skin and scar of these creams?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

The overall impact is to facilitate skin healing. They have no side effects.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dr Nair,

The only Vitamin K cream i could find here local is as below, is this one the same with yours and ok to use?

http://www.puritanspride.com.au/k-vitamins-cid-535/vitamin-k-cream-sku-0034href="http://www.justanswer.com/dermatology/4yhku-placentrex-gel.html5.html#tabs

thanks again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

and from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Vita-K-Solution-Super-Vitamin-Blotchy/dp/B0009Y6M0O/ref=sr_1_3?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1305001132&sr=1-3

they all look different... as the internal shipment is extremely expensive, i am trying to find a solution with lower cost

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
The first link did not work but the second amazon product looks great! I didn't know amazon shipped to Australia.