Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I have had bright red blood blisters on my torso that seem

I have had bright red blood blisters on my torso that seem to become moles. The last few months, however, the bright red dots have been appearing all over my body, i.e., legs, arms, face, etc. What causes this and is the anything I should be doing about them?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Do the blood blisters look like this:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the ones on my torso look like that, but many are much larger. The red dots on my legs, face and arms just look like I have been stuck by a dull needle. None are painful.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information! These spots are called Cherry Angiomas. Cherry angiomas (also called Campbell De Morgan spots) are an age related change, often first appearing in a persons forties or fifties. They are caused due to localized dilation of blood vessels in the skin.

They are completely harmless and you may get a few more with age. They can be removed for cosmetic reasons if so desired as in your case, and for this I would recommend the CO2 laser. Just one sitting is required and this is done by dermatologists. Another option is radiofrequency ablation.

Here is a helpful link regarding the condition -

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.