dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

i have bumps under my skin all over my body. the ones on the

i have bumps under my skin all over my body. the ones on the back of the arm and the sides of my legs are very small. ones in my abdomen area are large. any idea what this could be?

dermdoc19 : Hello
dermdoc19 : Would you be able to send a photograph?
dermdoc19 : How long have you had this rash? Symptoms? Any history of skin disease in you or your family?

cannot send a picture. the bumps are felt under the skin. no visible signs, no rash. the only skin problems in my family or exzema and my father had skin cancer. i do not have those. i never said anything to doctors before, because i thought it was related to my Fibromyalgia.

dermdoc19 : This may be multiple lipomatosis. Perhaps, you could google pictures lipoma and see if this fits. These are benign fatty tumors. I also considered epidermal inclusion cuts but you would have mentioned cheesy foul-smelling material coming out. Sometimes these are called sebaceous cysts. Please let me know if those pictures fit.

it is not a sebaceous cyst, because my son had those and that doesn't fit. it doesn't seem to be a lipoma either. my sister had one of those. i did some more research on-line, but haven't found anything to fit. i will make an appt. with a dermatologist and see if i can find an answer. i don't believe it is anything serious, but would like to get a diagnosis.

thanks for all your help, and i will pay the fee.

If they are violaceous and barely visable, consider glomangioma. These would be under the skin. Thank you for the Accept, I will be available to answer questions for another month.