dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I have a smooth round quarter-size red spot on my middle back.

Customer Question

I have a smooth round quarter-size red spot on my middle back. It's been there quite a while. It never itches, never flakes or peels. It is very smooth with no rims or ridges and the same bright red color all over. Do you know what it could be? Should I be concerned?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 years ago.

it will be better to see the photos and diagnose your condition. would it be possible for you to post them here through or picasa?

you can also give me information on the size, shape,color of the lesions? Whether they are flat or raised? how do they start? where did they first start? how did it progress? any fluid filled or pus filled lesions? did you take any medications for it? are you on any other medications?
If you cannot send me photos, please do let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have any way to take a photo. I have already answered some of your questions above. Here they are again. There is only one spot. It is located in the center of my back about 2/3 of the way down from my neck. It is the size of a quarter and it is round in shape. It is bright red. It is flat not raised. I do not know how it started. It was just there one day. It has been there for almost a year and has remained the same with no progression. It has no fluid and no pus. It does not hurt or burn or itch. I would even know that it is there except for looking into the mirror. I tried blood root on it once and no change. I tried colloidal silver (Silver Shield Gel) on it several times and no change. I take no medication for it. Other prescriptions include only one. I am on a compounded thyroid medication which was developed to take the place of Amour Thyroid when it was taken off the market. Why has my credit card already been charged $22 when I have no reply yet?