dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

Three months ago I used Vanos Cream for 5 days on scalp around

Three months ago I used Vanos Cream for 5 days on scalp around my hairline as I had dry flaky scalp. My hair is curly and full so I didn't notice any side effects. One week ago I started wearing my hair straight and noticed my hair has completly thinned out on the rignt side and a bit on the left side. I don't know how long it's been like that but as I said just noticed it. I have been freaking out since. I read online that excessive hairloss is a severe side effect of Vanos Cream. I only used it for 5 days 3 months ago. Is this hairloss permanent or will the hair grow back? Is there anything I can do? Is this the result of the Vanos Cream or something else? I am a 33 year old female and very healthy. I am really concerned the hairloss might be permanent.
Five days use of Vanos three months ago would be highly unlikely to cause your hair loss. It certainly would not be permanent. I think you should see a dermatologist to evaluate what is causing your hair loss. I suspect that whatever was causing the scaling and flaking originally is the cause of your present situation. What did your physician diagnose when he placed you on Vanos cream?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She said I had some scaling on the skin. It was also itchy. I don't remember the term she used.

Seborrheic Dermatitis maybe?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it likely that the hair will grow back once it's completely treated?
As long as it is not one of the scarring alopecias. It would be important to seek treatment because the scarring can be treated or at least inhibited with treatment. Otherwise, if it is non-scarring, the hair should grow completely back.