Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

What causes small and large red spots on arms and legs. They

Customer Question

What causes small and large red spots on arms and legs. They look like blood apots?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Do the spots look like in these pictures:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
please answer my question
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
Did you get the pictures I sent you to look at? I asked if your spots looked anything like the pictures.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes they did
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information! These spots are called Cherry Angiomas. Cherry angiomas (also called Campbell De Morgan spots) are an age related change, often first appearing in a person's fifties or sixties. They are caused due to localized dilation of blood vessels in the skin.

They are completely harmless and you may get a few more with age. They can be removed for cosmetic reasons if so desired, however I usually advise patients to leave them alone. Here is a helpful link regarding the condition -

If you're still keen on having them removed then I would recommend the CO2 laser.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to get back to if you have any queries.