Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD

I have a rash on my hip, lower back going up my spine, and

I have a rash on my hip, lower back going up my spine, and the back of my neck. The rash itches and burns, and has raised red bumps.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Skinner replied 5 years ago.
can u post a photo of the rash please ? this could be acneiform eruption and the steroid shot is possibly going to worsen it.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I dont have that ability right now. When I got the steroid shot 2 weeks ago, the rash was just on my hip, in about a week it was on my back and neck.
So it is indeed the steroid induced acneiform eruption.The initial rash on the hip was probably a dermatitis.Would suggest a course of Doxycycline 100mg daily for 3 weeks along with Exfoliac lotion or 10% AHA lotion for ext use by night over the trunk and oral zinc 50mg daily after food for a month.May apply Eucerin cream on the hip.Thanks.Queries welcome.