Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I have had very sore sensitive skin on left side of my face

I have had very sore sensitive skin on left side of my face for 2 days. There is no redness or swelling. Nothing to see. It is sore to blink my eye. It is also sore to touch my skin, even lightly .Can you advise?
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Is this soreness limited to the top half of the face or is it the entire left side?

Do you feel any facial weakness on the left side?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Well then it is most likely nothing to worry about and all I would recommend are Methylocobalamin tablets 500 mg twice a day along with Tab Advil 400 mg three times a day for 7-10 days. Take these after meals. The only thing to keep in mind is facial nerve palsy, so if you develop weakness of any part of the face I would suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible. Also if you develop fluid filled lesions on the left side of the face then shingles would become a possibiilty and again you will need to see a doctor.

Hope this information is useful. Regards.