dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

i have had an itchy scalp for 3 weeks now uncontrollable with

Customer Question

i have had an itchy scalp for 3 weeks now uncontrollable with no dandruff itch behind ears underneath my neck and and generally all over, my boyfriend has developed these symptoms too, i am worried it is mites as i have tried many things and am exposed to scabies in my job in aged care i have tried lice treatment and was unsuccessful and it feels as if their may be very very small lumps where i am itching will my hair fall out if its mites? what will i need to do in order to get rid of them if so and how would i disinfect my house appropriatly? is it possible i will lose my hair? thankyou, Madeline.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 5 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

Scabies would be rare to affect the scalp. Have you seen anything to suggest that on the scalp?

JACUSTOMER-8n2guylc- :

not particularly, i have just felt very small lumps where it has itched and i honestly dont know what other option it could be as my boyfriend has it too so im guessing its not to do with a skin disorder.

dermdoc19 :

You and our boyfriend should examine each other's scalp. Do you have a rash any other place? Wrists, in between the fingers ( webs)? Is the itching worse at night?