dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

broke out with small itchy red bumps on arms,legs, back, and

broke out with small itchy red bumps on arms,legs, back, and scalp just like insect bites.

dermdoc19 :

Would you be able to send a photograph? Do you have pets? Do you live in a rural or urban area? Have you been outdoors much lately. Does the rash itch more in the morning or at night? Do they have little pus bumps at the top?

dermdoc19 :

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-ss8zzpso- :

minnesota winter urban area. no pus bumps at the top i have itched one till it had bleed scabed over the bumps are red in color they seem to be getting smaller reminds me of chicken pocks i had them when i was a kid.i do have a dog then i thought about bed bugs i looked at pictures of bites and that is exactly what the red bumps look like. my wife has none of this so i ruled that out.

dermdoc19 :

Do these have small white halos around them? Wheal like. How long have you had these bumps? Do any scab without you picking at them. Two thoughts that you might google would be pityriasis lichenoides chronica and papular urticaria. Let me know if either of these match your problem. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-ss8zzpso- :

thanks.