dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

Down the center of my back I have a VERY itchy rash. I have

Customer Question

Down the center of my back I have a VERY itchy rash. I have tried creams of all kinds and changed the type of bra I wear. I am down to earing a tee shirter UNDER my bra. I NEVER use soap on my back and have learned to rainse my hair, etc. without getting suds on my back. The itch runs down the center and around my bra line.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

Would you be able to describe the rash? Would it be possible to have someone take a photograph and upload it. You would click on the tree icon and then upload. Thank you.

Customer :

I don't think I can take a photo of it, but its like small raised bumps...No scabs and it is pretty much localized. I would guess it has something to do with

Customer :

opps....what happened? Lost the first part of my typeing. It might be a reaction to elastic which I can find NO creams for, etcTh

dermdoc19 :

They are not hives, but little itchy red bumps?

Customer :

Well hummmmm, I never thought of hives, but it is pretty constant and I think hives come and go....I have the rash on a daily basis, however if an alergy causes

Customer :

hives, then it could be hives.

Customer :

It does not happen any other place on my body except around my bra line and doen the center of my back

Customer :

Excuse spelling....Hope you can deciper it...

dermdoc19 :

If they are little red bumps, I would try Maximum Strength Cortaid Ointment twice a day. Also, I would purchase either Prax Lotion or Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. If you feel they are hive like, I would add Benedryl 25 mg. an hour before bedtimes and Allegra 60 mg. twice during the day. If it is localized to the back like yours, it is more likely a contact dermatitis.

Customer :

Thanks you for you help. I will try the above.

dermdoc19 :

If this does not resolve the problem in three weeks, I would consult with a physician since you might need stronger medications. Do try to avoid elastic.

Customer :

Thank you. I can't believe this system really works. I will recommend it to others.

Customer :

Suzie

dermdoc19 :

You're welcome. Have a Happy New Year!

Customer :

I feel certain that I have accepted the above both times. First answer & then again when I added more info. I will accept again but
want to make sure that I am not charges 3 times for the same thing...Should only be twice and then another one for a question for

Customer :

my husband.....Hope you get paid.....If not let me know.

Customer :

suzie

dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience: 30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't and thank you for you advise.. I have accepted all your answers so you

should have been paid.

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.
I think I was paid. Thank you very much. If there is a problem, please let me know.