Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD

My wife has a boil like bump on her chin filled with blood

My wife has a boil like bump on her chin filled with blood and a clear like liquid. Sometimes as much as a thimble full of blood that has oozed out. There was only the reemblence of a head like surface before it opened and drained overa twoday period. The circumfrance is about the size of a dime and hard like a peanut. She has had this type of bump about 4-5 times in the area of her chin in the last 4-5 months. She has treated it herself with neosporin and it has healed in about 2 weeks each time. There is a slight pain before it reaches a head each time.

What do you think this is, what caused it, how to prevent and what is best treatment? She cleans her face twice a day and normally wears minimum mineral make-up and wears a 15 block suncreen daily?
This is likely to be recurrent furuncles.Suggest to exclude diabetes.Apply Bactroban cream twice daily by day for 10 days along with Differin or adapalene gel at night.Oral multivitamin mineral tab containing vitamin C and zinc such as minavit stress once daily is useful.Thanks.Queries welcome.
If you are satisfied with the reply please click the accept button.Thanks again.Queries welcome