Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD
17577241

I have dry, red, flaky non-itching spots on my arms and legs.

I have dry, red, flaky non-itching spots on my arms and legs. Do you know what this is. They seem to heal in one spot to reappear in another. Mainly on arms and legs.
They are most likely to be psoriasis.A photograph will certainly confirm the diagnosis.Suggest regular application of moisturiser like Cetaphil cream by day, use soap free cleansers only, oral omega 3 capsules twice daily for a month, hydrocortisone ointment by night for a month.Thanks.Queries welcome.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well I thought it might be that as well, but I have friends who have that and I don't think it looks like that. My friends psoriasis look white and flakey, but mine is red dots.I took a picture but I do not see a place to attach it here. I have had it for months.

The red spots could be guttate psoriasis.An important differential diagnosis is pityriasis lichenoides chronica which was previously called parapsoriasis.Click on the tree icon in the window and insert image.Or upload at www.photobucket.com or www.mediafire.com and send me the link.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not see the tree icon. I am not familiar with the other links but will try one of them....the pics are not that great.
If you are using Internet Explorer Browser, in this window where you reply you can see the tree icon to the left of youtube icon.Click on that and insert image.The best way of confirming your diagnosis is by skin biopsy.You can also visit www.dermatlas.org to look at some of the pictures of psoriasis and pityriasis lichenoides chronica for further verification.Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thank you...I will look at the pics... the pics are on photobucket if you want to take a look...If you will look at those then I will be happy to pay.
yes please send me the link in photobucket.Thanks
Except for photo 9 all others are somewhat out of focus.The last picture shows the reddish plaque and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation of previously resolved lesions.This could be PLC. A biopsy can confirm the diagnosis.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If this is PLC do you still recommend the Cetaphil, Omega Oral and antibiotics?
If PLC you will require long term antibiotics like Doxycycline 100mg daily for 2 months along with Cetaphil lotion and omega 3.Narrow band UVB therapy, oral methotrexate are other effective alternatives.Thanks.