Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I haved developed red spots that kind of look like bug bites

I haved developed red spots that kind of look like bug bites around my stomach area. It started off as what looked like dry skin on my right side rib cage area. It has now developed all over my rib cage, chest, stomach, groin area, and now moving its way down the legs and down the arms. Starting to form small groups.
Any Ideas? It does not itch or at least I don't know it. Pain and itching usally don't bother me. So hard to tell if it itches.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Can you take a photograph of the rash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not at this time. The bumps look mildly red, don't itch, and look like dry skin but continue to grow.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
Ok no problem. How long have you had this condition? Have you have had any throat infection, flu like symptoms or diarrhea in the last 2-4 weeks?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

About 2-3 weeks, no throat issues, and yes some diarrhea that came out of no where about a week ago. It was bad.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I can take a picture and send it via text if possible.

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. You are most likely suffering from Pityriasis Rosea. This is a harmless self limited skin eruption, however it can take 6-8 weeks to fade completely. It is not infectious and usually does not require any treatment. If treatment is desired then Tab Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for 7 days + Fluticasone propionate lotion over the rash for 10-14 days may shorten its duration and eliminate whatever little itching there is. However both of these will require a prescription. If its not bothering you too much I would advise you to just let it be.

Edited by Dr Nair on 10/5/2010 at 3:45 AM EST
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Sure a picture would be helpful. However email and messaging is against JustAnswer policy. You can upload the picture to the question box by clicking on the tree icon in the question box toolbar. Please note that toolbox this does not display in google chrome and safari.

Edited by Dr Nair on 10/5/2010 at 3:47 AM EST