FamilyPhysician, Physician
Experience:  Board certified physician treating chronic and acute dermatology problems for over 23 years

what do assassin bug bites look like any photos Treatment Please

Customer Question

what do assassin bug bites look like? any photos? Treatment?Please help! Thank You! Wolfgang.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 6 years ago.
Assassin bugs and the related ambush bugs are members of the Reduviidae family.
Here is some detailed information including photos

The treatment of any insect bite is similar; Benadryl (diphenhydramine) taken 1-2 caps up to 4 times daily will help with the itch and swelling.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I at least need a picture of what the bites of anassassin bug looks like when they bite a person. If you read back the description of what the bites my daughter recieved appeared to be, I think you'll know what it is that I need. Imagine if you can, a person being bitten on the face, neck, arms, and torso by about 60-70 mosquitos. What else can mimick this appearance??
Thank You!