Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD
17577241

i have so many skin problems, just recovered from a fungus

i have so many skin problems, just recovered from a fungus problem on my face last year.
now i have red little red white pimpels around my nose and between my eyes, all red.
also my left eye is irritated, and small lillte red vains you can see around my nose.
it looks terrible the dermotologist here tells me i am allergic and that i have to use the fungus crema to get the red out, also he gave me Elidel.
but i do not believe him i think its an skin infection.
what do you think??? I HAVE THIS PROBLEM 8 MONTHS NOW!
This could be rosacea with the presence of pimples, prominent blood vessels, irritated eye.Can continue Elidel cream and add metronidazole cream at night .Also use a sunblock regularly during the day time.oral antioxidants may also be taken one daily for few months.Use soap free cleansers only.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i want to sent a picture of my skin to know for sure because my dokter dermotogogist at home thinks its an allergic reaction or exema but i do not believe him!
please send me the photograph
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: want to be sure if you get my picture.. how will i know becuase its a little difficult.
want to be sure if you get my picture.. how will i know becuase its a little difficult
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Thanks for the photo.There are 2 conditions to be considered.one is perioral dermatitis and the other is rosacea.In view of your eye involvement in addition to the skin rash I would go for Rosacea.The treatment I suggested earlier stands.Thanks again.