Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD
17577241

I have what is called a surfers rash but its a skin fungus

I have what is called a surfer's rash but its a skin fungus that keeps coming back. I am a trucker driver in the ac all day. How can I get rid of it permanently?
If it is confirmed to be a fungus then the appropriate method to treat is to administer oral anti fungals like itraconazole or sporanox 100mg twice daily for 7-14 days along with topical lamisil cream or terbinafine cream once daily for a month.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there any way for you to right a prescription on this medication for me? And do I take this medication by mouth?

unfortunately I am not in a position to give you a prescription.You have to meet your loca doctor for the prescription.Sporanox is an oral capsule while lamisil is an external application.