Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Medical specialities and US Medical School Graduate

Hi, my pinky toe has been itchy on and off for over a month,

Customer Question

Hi, my pinky toe has been itchy on and off for over a month, mostly inbetween. When necessary I put (expired) lotrimin on it which took the itch away but did it with no consistency at all so I'd have to do it here and there. I did notice a little bit of peeled skin. Last night I put cream on before bed and it woke me up it was so itchy. It itches inside and on top and the other side. It's red and a little swollen itch. I just scratched it like crazy though. Leaving for vacation tomorrow, please help!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Wilson :

<font color=BLUE>Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.<font>

Dr. Wilson :

Get Lamisil Cream instead of Lotrimin - it is much better for this type of possible fungal infection.

Dr. Wilson :

Also, this might NOT be a fungal infection, it could just be a contact dermatitis and so ALSO get hydrocortisone cream - and you can use lamisil cream and then a few hours later you can use the hydrocortisone and see which one works better.

Dr. Wilson :

Dr. Wilson :

Are you there