Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

What are these white hard lumps on my testicles?

I have white, kind of hard lumps on my testicles. From what I have found I think it could be scrotal calcinosis. I found a picture that looks like what I have. I've been tested for all STDs and do not have any. There are quite a few and I was wondering how can I get rid of these. Embarrassing.

Can you send me a photograph that resembles your condition? Better still would be if you had actual photographs of your condition. If this is a problem let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the photograph. Your diagnosis is 'Multiple Sebaceous Cysts' of the scrotum.
This is essentially a harmless condition and treatment if pursued will be only for cosmetic benefit. The only complication that can occur occasionally is secondary infection leading to pain in the cysts. This will clear with a short course of antibiotics.
Nothing short of surgery will work. All the cysts will have to be removed individually under local anaesthesia. This can also be done with a laser.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there anything I can do to stop more from happening?

Besides keeping the area as clean as possible there is nothing else you can do to stop them coming. However the condition reaches its full severity in a few years and after that only occasional nodules develop.