Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD

I have a rash on tail bone and go down, it is red with bump

I have a rash on tail bone and go down, it is red with bump and itch
This is an intertrigo.Common causes include irritant dermatitis to soaps and detergents, candidal intertrigo, Psoriasis(can often be the only site and hence hidden), neurodermatitis etc.any history of diabetes ? any other oral medication for other illness? Use soap free cleansers like cetaphil cleanser, Hydrocortisone with miconazole cream by night, nutraderm cream by day, oral claritin 10mg daily for few weeks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have diabetes and take and take this med altace cardizem glipizid actos januvia asprin simuvastatin fursoemide
The possibility of secondary infection with candida is very high in diabetics with intertrigo.So it is better to use the combination of hydrocortisone with miconazole cream as suggested earlier.