How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Skinner Your Own Question
Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 1555
Experience:  MD , DNB ( D &V), FAAD
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Skinner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I noticed bruise-like discoloration on upper inner thighs and

This answer was rated:

I noticed bruise-like discoloration on upper inner thighs and vaginal area. This is not sex related. Should I be concerned?
No .This could be senile purpura.However have a blood count and Bleeding time/clotting time done to rule out a bleeding disorder..

Edited by Skinner on 7/22/2010 at 2:05 PM EST
Dr. Skinner and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Is there any whitish discolouration also? Another differential diagnosis could be lichen sclerosus, but this is not common.