Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist

rusty colored patches on ankles and feet

it will be better to see the photos and diagnose your condition. would it be possible for you to post them here through or picasa?

you can also give me information on the size, shape,color of the lesions? Whether they are flat or raised? how do they start? where did they first start? how did it progress? any fluid filled or pus filled lesions? did you take any medications for it? are you on any other medications?

If you cannot send me photos, please do let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no photos I just want a quick answer I have hypothyroidism

it could be schamberg's purpura.

its also called pigmented purpuric dermatoses.

it is most common in young adult males.
gravity and increased venous pressure, exercise, occupation involving prolonged standing is the cause for it,

it is a form of capillaritis or inflammation of the capillaries.

it usually persists for many years and may be resistant to treatment. topical steroids may be tried, and oral supplements of calcium dobesilate twice a day may be helpful.

in dermatology, we need to see the lesions to come to a final diagnosis, till then the diagnosis is most probable.

you can send me your photos if possible or you need to visit a dermatologist and you could discuss my suggestions with him.

please feel free to ask me in case you have any queries.

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus or positive feedback would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just one more question, is it contagious ie swimming pool? or contagious at all
no, it is not contagious at all. not even in the swimming pool.

please look up the condition on the internet and see if it matches with your condition.