Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor

i have dry flaky skin on my penis on the head and top of the

Customer Question

i have dry flaky skin on my penis on the head and top of the shaft, ive been tested for STDs and they came back negative.. it gets sensitive and sore during intercourse or masturbation... is there a product i can use to fix this problem.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for your problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. Since how long the symptoms are? Any other symptom? Any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the symtoms are pretty much only when i have an erection. my penis just looks dry and flaky. intercourse or masturbation makes it worse and sometimes makes my penis really red and sore i have had syphillis in the past but am currently STD free. i think it might just be normal dry skin but im not 100% is there a product i can try or so you think it might be more than dry skin?
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. The problem can be dry skin as you have thought of.Trauma from masturbation or intercourse can make it to persist. But when it is persisting after you have applied lotions for dry skin other conditions need to be excluded. It can also be due to skin conditions like a fungal infection, dermatitis etc when it is localised to a particular area. You can consult a dermatologist for an examination. Antifungal cream like lotrimin, lamisil can be tried till you see doctor along with branded moisturizing lotions like eucerin, lubriderm etc.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.