Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Experience:  MBBS MS
5625079

I have a bump between my upper thigh and right testicle, where

I have a bump between my upper thigh and right testicle, where the skin connects. I noticed it a couple mths ago, but it has grown since and is becoming painful. Right now it is about half the size of a dime. It has a sort of dark tint, but not black. At first I thought maybe it was just a pimple, but if I try to squeeze it, it hurts really bad. Any advice you can give would be very helpful. Thank you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 years ago.

Greetings.

A pain, tenderness (hurting or squeezing) and slight increase in size point to an infection. This may need a course of antibiotic. One of the possibility is sebaceous cyst, which is quite common in this area. Sebaceous cyst need a small surgical procedure to remove it (office procedure). Meanwhile you can do following;

1) Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil)

2) Warm compresses

3) Application of Betadine (povidone iodine); this is available at health stores without prescription. This is antibacterial solution which will control the infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You said that betadine would control the infection. Im assuming this means it wont make it go away. Am I right in assuming that no matter which action I take I will eventually have to go to the doctor and get the surgery?

Many times the local antibacterial do take care and completely eradicate the infection. But yes, there is a chance that you may need to go to a doctor for the small procedure.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer. Good luck!

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Experience: MBBS MS