Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

i have small red dots on my nose ,they make my nose look red,

i have small red dots on my nose ,they make my nose look red, what are they? could they be brocken blood vessels, or some sort of infection had em for more then a year. what do i do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 6 years ago.

Hello!

You could have an overgrowth of capillaries as one possibility. This would be telangiectasia. This could be treated by a dermatologist with laser treatments. You might have a condition known as rosacea which commonly affects the nose and often the upper cheeks. This condition is treated with an antibiotic cream or gel. Rosacea causes increased flushing (redness) typically of the nose and oten the cheeks. The flushing may be made worse by drinking alcohol, hot drinks, spicy foods, and being in the sun. There are other possibilities as well. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist. There is no substitute for a direct exam in diagnosing a skin condition. The dermatologist will probably be able to diagnose the problem and offer a solution.

I hope this response proves helpful. Further questions are welcome if you have any. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the skin on my nose is shiny too also peels a lot not to mention the red dots, what do i do.

Hello again!

I repeat that you need to see a dermatologist. The peeling would not be a symptom of telangiectasia but an overlap could be possible. Are you currently using anything on the skin? Acne treatments will commonly cause peeling. An infection or other type of inflammatory change will also cause peeling. Is your nose sore? That would be suspicious for a possible infection. If discreet bumps then you might have a folliculitis which is a bacterial infection involving the skin.

Let me know on these details. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Anthony Bray MD