drsumitbassi
drsumitbassi,
17382760

I have sores on my buttocks that will not heal up. They scab

Customer Question

I have sores on my buttocks that will not heal up. They scab up and suddenly there is an itch like something bit me it is not relieved until scratched. Then it bleeds. I have had them for a long time, years. Now my lower back started itching acting the same way, like I was suddenly bit hard by something. I can't see them of course. My daughter says the one on my lower back look like a bruise and the one son my buttocks are sores red and scared. I now have some round red itchy bumps on my stomach that look blood filled at the center, same sudden bit sensation. I have some on the back of my head, at my temple, and scalp and they itch form a bump and scabs and continue to itch. and some sores on my earlobes that itch and will not heal, there is a spot on my upper cheek that that itches like crazy , no bump, but there is a skin patch and will not heal.
I have treated them with peroxide, anti fungal and keep clean. I am sick of itching and bleeding all the time, please help me.
I want to add that I get sneezing fits and I am starting to worry what ever it is has spread to my sinuses. I went in for allergy testing and I am not allergic but suddenly like the itching I start sneezing a lot.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  drsumitbassi replied 6 years ago.
Are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
On any medications?
What kind of work do you do?
what allergy test was performed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No medical conditions, I take Ambien to sleep and Benadryl for itching.

I work in a call center. The allergist proformed a panel of test that i had to come back 2 times for and he did not find any allergies. He said the sneezing was allergic rhinitis and gave told yo use saline sprays and Benadryl, which I had been using for years with no help.

Dear Candlelite

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

It seems that your symptoms are most likely due to impetigo or folliculitis so I will advise that you see a dermatologist or family physician who can do a physical exam to confirm as this is a clinical diagnosis.
Meanwhile I will advise that you get over the counter mupirocin which will help relieve your symptoms.Ask your physician to do RAST test to confirm that whether you are allergic to anything.but it seems less likely based on what you described.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is mupirocin a topical or pill?
It is a topical medication.

Thanks