My face keeps swelling up around my nose and eye area to a

Customer Question

My face keeps swelling up around my nose and eye area to a point my eyes are almost closed. This keeps reoccuring every month even though I have tried 3 lots of anti biotics. I have no cold symtems but do get a headache. 6 months ago I had Restylane SubQ in my cheeks as a filler but a very small amount , could this be causing it?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Doctor7860 replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your interesting question. I would say there are following important possibilities for your symptoms and these are like infection which is resistant to current antibiotics, hypersensitivity reaction to restylane sub q filler. I would strongly advise you to have these tests done like blood culture, complete blood count. Blood culture and sensitivity should be done and then antibiotic should be given if there is any element of infection found. I will also suggest you to see Internist for complete evaluation.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed