Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist

I have had an underarm rash, starting 10 weeks ago. It was

I have had an underarm rash, starting 10 weeks ago. It was quite severe; treated with injections (3) of cortisone (?), and cortisone 1% cream. Itchy, way spread out from underarm, like a muscle-T. Not soap, detergent, deodorant. Worsens as soon as I let up on hydrocortisone. Help!
Im sorry to hear about your symptoms,

Can you tell me have you used any fungal creams?
Can you describe the rash a bit more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes. I forgot that part. Didn't help. Also used antibioctic; didn't help. Dermatologist

took scraping for bacteria, fungus. It is both underarms, bilateral.

Ill opt out of your question and allow some other expert to answer your question as i believe i wont be able to help you here....please wait and let me assure you until you click the accept button the money you have deposited will not leave your justanswer account , so only clikc accept once you get your answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok. more info: also red, itchy, skin gets patchy. almost disappears (leaving darkened skin--like a shadow), then I let up with cortisone cream and it comes right back..

the rash is which colour? is it discolouration or does it have bumps? where else is it present on the body?

what shape are the bumps? any flking? what time of the day is itching more severe? any oozing? crusting?

can you post a photo here?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
reddish; slightly raised (more so in the beginning), so I would say bumpy, dry but not flaking. Nowhere else. It was crusty in the beginning, also, but not now.

there are a few causes of rash in the armpits:-

1. erythrasma
2. candidial intertrigo
3. tinea corporis
4. contact dermatitis
5. seborrheic dermatitis
6. hailey hailey disease
7. hidaradenitis suppurativa

according to your symptoms, it seems that you have a condition known as tinea incognito, where the lesions respond to cortisone cream and flares when it is stopped. it is caused by dermatophytes.

its best that you do not apply cortisone cream.

apply terbinafine cream twice daily for two weeks.
oral antihistaminic tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at night.
take tablet fluconazole 150 mg 1 tablet once a week for two weeks.

Please click green"ACCEPT"button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work.
Your Positive feedback and Bonus is always welcome.

Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did also take fluconazole, in the beginning. are these medications available over the counter? however, I am taking this information to my family doctor and dermatologist and see what they think also. It is nice to have something more to go on! thank you.

flucanozole is available as otc. you are most welcome.
i am sure its going to benfit you.
there are also terbinafine tablets 250 mg once a day for 2 weeks that can be taken alternatively , if you do not take fluconazole again.