DrDLove
DrDLove,
21597572

I am all of a sudden getting skin tags on the face and around

Customer Question

I am all of a sudden getting skin tags on the face and around my hair line what can be done about this
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrDLove replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Skin tags are benign growths of skin that are generally of no clinical concern, although they may be irritating or unsightly. It is unknown why the majority of skin tags develop, although a few risk factors are known. Skin tags occur more often as people age. Although they can occur on any skin, they are more likely to occur along areas of friction, such as the armpit. They also occur more often in persons with diabetes.

Skin tags do not require treatment unless they develop changes that appear to be suspicious for cancer. Cancer developing in a skin tag is rare, but any skin can turn cancerous. Some people choose to have skin tags removed if they are irritating or unsightly. If necessary, skin tags are usually removed by simple excision. Some people have successfully treated skin tags at home using over-the-counter treatments for warts or by tying off the skin tag at the base using a firm string or dental floss.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will try the over-the counter wart remover and then if it works I will pay the full amount until then hold my deposit Thank you Customer
Expert:  DrDLove replied 7 years ago.

I just want to be clear that the over-the-counter medicines are not as effective as surgical excision, but if you want something to try at home, it does work for some people.