Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  8 years Urgent Care Physician, American Board of Family Medicine, U of I Grad.
25288795

I recently discovered bumps along my neck and chest area that

I recently discovered bumps along my neck and chest area that have not been there before. What can I do to get rid of them? I can't afford to go to a doctor too expensive and appts are a month out.

Can you please describe the size, shape, color, and location of the bumps for us? Also, do they itch, hurt?

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are very small kind of like if if i was a man and would have razor bumps down the sides of my neck flesh color no they do not itch or hurt, but if i aggravate them they get red.

The only thing I have done in the past few months is I had been using Dial anti bacterial soap and accidently bought some Dial Yougurt and Aloe body wash.

It sounds like "Flat Warts". They are small flesh colored bumps that usually appear on the neck, sometimes on the face. They are not dangerous, are caused by a virus, usually do not cause any symptoms other than the way the look, they frequently resolve (go away) on their own after a few months, with no treatment. A Dermatologist can remove them if you are impatient, but that is expensive. Over the counted "wart" medicines should not be used (wrong kind of "wart"), it will just really irritate your skin.

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It can't be soap residue built up? Can I do anything to make it go away without costly treatment?

That would be very unusual. Do you frequently wear costume jewelry where it is occurring?

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, but i do wear alot of different body mists and sprays and always spray my neck and chest when out of the shower.

OK, good it is not an allergy. In general, leaving them alone and waiting for them to resolve spontaneously is the best approach.

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so do i was with antibacterial soap amd my loofa sponge like i have been?

Wash with a regular soap, but do not scrub excessively. Go about your normal routine, as if it was not there.

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a picture of the bumps but cant figure out how to send it to you... did not know i could have sent it to you... please help so i can get some relief from stressing about this.. thank you

I have just joined this site myself, so I'm not sure how to post pictures yet. Maybe the moderator can help?? A picture would certainly be worth a thousand words!

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cant figure out how to add the photo... do you have an email address i can send the photo to at this time?
Yes,[email protected]
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok got it downloaded and sent to your email address thank you!! i hope it is is an okay photo hard to take one by yourself :-)

Awesome! Great picture, dermatology textbook quality!

That makes it very easy, you have a small patch of a viral wart-like eruption called "Molluscum Contagiosum". We usually see it in children, but it certainly can occur in adults.

Here's a link to some nice information on the Mayo Clinic Website. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/molluscum-contagiosum/DS00672

Basically, be patient and leave it alone and it will go away, if you want to pay to have them removed sooner, it's easy, but costly.

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more question please... do i really have to avoid sexual contact with my husband before these things go away>>???

No. That only applies to lesions on the genitals. This is a common, self-limiting process. 50/50 he gave it to you!

Best wishes,

Dr.Kevin