DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have hot skin which is also quite red all over my body.

I have hot skin which is also quite red all over my body. When i wake up in the morning it is fine, but general activity throughout the day brings it on. Also as I'm resting at night before I go to sleep I find the problem subsides.

My skin also seems to have changed texture - it now feels dry and doesn't seem to sweat as much.

I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck (left side).
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DermDoc replied 5 years ago.
As you describe there may be following possibilities in your case-
Eczema -inflammation of the epidermis resulting in redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness.
Cholinergic urticaria -skin rash brought on by a hypersensitive reaction to body heat following any stimulus to sweat such as exercise , heat from the sun , spicy foods which may cause an increase in body temperature or even stress due to blushing or anger.
As such you need to undergo a clinical examination and undergo Complete Blood Count , Absolute Eosinophil count for further evaluation.
You should drink plenty of water.
You should apply 1 % hydrocortisone cream .
You should apply moisturiser after taking a bath.
If there is associated itching then you can take OTC antihistaminic medication (Cetrizine ).
Do meditation and deep breathing exercises to relieve stress as it can aggravate your symptoms .
Wear cotton clothes and avoid synthetic fibres , perfumes , deodarants , harsh soaps.
Avoid sun exposure , spicy food , alcohol, caffeine , vigorous exercises , hot bath.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and management.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I should also mention that it doesn't look like a rash as the skin isn't raised at all. It looks as if I've been doing heavy exercise when I haven't. Also I took my internal boy temperature and it came back within the normal temperature range.

Do you think the swollen lymph nodes in my neck are relevant?

Expert:  DermDoc replied 5 years ago.
These symptoms occur due to dilation of the blood vessels in the skin and increased blood flow ( Vaso congestion)

When flushing is produced by activity of the nerves to the blood vessels it is accompanied by sweating.
Triggering factor may include physical stress .
Your doctor may prescribe you with non sedating anti histaminic like Levocetirizine or Fexofenadine .
Swollen lymph node can be due to infection/inflammation in the body .
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience: M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.