DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have hot skin which is also quite red all over my body.

I have hot skin which is also quite red all over my body. When i wake up in the morning it is fine, but general activity throughout the day brings it on. Also as I'm resting at night before I go to sleep I find the problem subsides.

My skin also seems to have changed texture - it now feels dry and doesn't seem to sweat as much.

I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck (left side).
As you describe there may be following possibilities in your case-
Eczema -inflammation of the epidermis resulting in redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness.
Cholinergic urticaria -skin rash brought on by a hypersensitive reaction to body heat following any stimulus to sweat such as exercise , heat from the sun , spicy foods which may cause an increase in body temperature or even stress due to blushing or anger.
As such you need to undergo a clinical examination and undergo Complete Blood Count , Absolute Eosinophil count for further evaluation.
You should drink plenty of water.
You should apply 1 % hydrocortisone cream .
You should apply moisturiser after taking a bath.
If there is associated itching then you can take OTC antihistaminic medication (Cetrizine ).
Do meditation and deep breathing exercises to relieve stress as it can aggravate your symptoms .
Wear cotton clothes and avoid synthetic fibres , perfumes , deodarants , harsh soaps.
Avoid sun exposure , spicy food , alcohol, caffeine , vigorous exercises , hot bath.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and management.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I should also mention that it doesn't look like a rash as the skin isn't raised at all. It looks as if I've been doing heavy exercise when I haven't. Also I took my internal boy temperature and it came back within the normal temperature range.

Do you think the swollen lymph nodes in my neck are relevant?

These symptoms occur due to dilation of the blood vessels in the skin and increased blood flow ( Vaso congestion)

When flushing is produced by activity of the nerves to the blood vessels it is accompanied by sweating.
Triggering factor may include physical stress .
Your doctor may prescribe you with non sedating anti histaminic like Levocetirizine or Fexofenadine .
Swollen lymph node can be due to infection/inflammation in the body .