Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Allergy specialist
Experience:  6 years of experience as a family physician, general practioner; MD -Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I get an awful rash every time I am sick. Wether it is a sinus

I get an awful rash every time I am sick. Wether it is a sinus infection or mastitis or just having a c-section. It starts with a fever and then a red rash all over my body. By the second day it it picks one part of my body to blister up and form blister and almost like acne. I went to the dermetoligst and had a bippsy and it came back as impetigo. I don't understand why it happens every single time and why no one else gets the rash if impetigo is contagious? I have had this happen 4 times in the last year but it has been going on for 6 years now.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 5 years ago.

Have you taken any oral antibiotics for this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sometimes yes sometimes no depending on what I was sick from. This time I had a sinus infection and my doctor prescribed Levoquin but the rash was there before I had ever taken any antibiotic. I had used Musinex D and Ibuprofen but the rash started before use of those also. I got the same rash back in April when I had a stomach virus and didn't see a doctor. The only thing I took then was imodium. The time before that I had a c-section in January and was on the pain killers and Ibuprofen.

If the biopsy has shown that this is impetigo - it is more or less confirmatory.

You would need a course of antibiotic medication for some time to get rid of this - it could be that you are a carrier of the bacteria - that is the reason you get it every time you are unwell.

You require oral antibiotics, such as erythromycin, dicloxacillin or flucloxacillin.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated.

Regards.
Dr Bhumika, Allergy specialist
Experience: 6 years of experience as a family physician, general practioner; MD -Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma