Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems

what is the remedy for itchy skin with leisons oozing clear

what is the remedy for itchy skin with leisons oozing clear liquid on all parts of the body?

It sounds like this might be a bad case of a contact dermatitis. Contact with poison ivy would be one potential culprit for such a picture. Iwould recommend treated the lesions topically with Caladryl lotion (the tan variety which contains calamine) Taking OTC Zyrtec 10mg a day will also help with the itching. Getting in to see your doctor or a dermatologist would be worthwhile as this condition may resolve more quickly with either an oral taper or shot of a steroid.

I hope this information helps. Further questions are welcome if you have them.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may get paid for my work.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was expecting a homeopathic remedy. i have already seen a dermatologist and i my doctor has advised against steroids. Sorry, i cannot accept your reply!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I explained why i could not accept the answer in my reply.

I signed off to allow other providers to answer. I'm not sure what you want exactly. calamine helps. Caadryl is calamine with benedryl in the formula to relieve the itch.(There is a clear variety but this lacks the Calamine which helps the lesions to dry)

A largely unknowm remedy that helps is to apply milk of magnesia to the skin. It has a soothing , drying activity on these type of lesions.

I don't claim expertise in homeopathic remedies so beyond these suggestions I will pass.

Good Luck,

Anthony Bray MD