B Wildemore
B Wildemore,

I have these red bumps all over my body. They look like pimples,

Customer Question

I have these red bumps all over my body. They look like pimples, but have no head, can't seem to be popped like a pimple.

They bumps first appeared on my forearm about 1 month ago, and have since spread. They do not hurt/not sore.

I've tried different lotions, acne medications, etc. but nothing seems to get rid of them. I thought they might be sun related, but I have them on my exposed body parts (arms/legs) and my clothed parts (upper arms, butt, chest), so I'm no longer thinking its sun related.

I'm not on any medications, and no changes in soaps, detergents, etc.   I went to an urgent care facility and was told to contact a dermatologist.

I've upload a digital picture of my arm here -->
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 7 years ago.
Any chance of posting a photo?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes, In my original posting I included the url for a picture..

Did it not work for you?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 7 years ago.
Sorry--got it now. Were there any prescriptions given for this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NNo. No Diagnosis, No Prescriptions. What is it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  B Wildemore replied 7 years ago.
How wold are you, and what medications do you take?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm 39 (just turned 39 in mid july), taking no medications.
I apologize for more questions, but do you have any allergies? Why haven't you chosen to see a dermatologist for these lesions?

I would like to you to try something for me: put your thumb and finger around one of the lesions, and tell me what happens to the lesion. I am considering an entity known as dermatofibroma for your lesions. It would be helpful if I could see a biopsy of one of the lesions, but of course that is not possible in this forum. The good news is that surgery if it is this entity is generally not indicated, but the lesions may persist without increase in size for years to decades. The lesions, however, may regress spontaneously.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

well, the lesions apparently a month or so ago, and it takes several months to get an appointment to see a dermatologist as a new patient.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking to me to do with my thumb and forefinger. I've tried to pop them as if they were pimples, but they do not pop.

That's ok. That would just help with a diagnosis. What I was asking was for you to try to squeeze but not to 'pop.' What I was looking for was a dimple or depression in the skin of the lesion.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I see no dimple or depression when I squeeze around the lesion. To clarify, each lesion is very small (about the size of 3 hairs).

Don't know if that helps.

Well, I apologize, but I am not sure I have all the information I would need without a biopsy. I hope someone here will be able to help you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can you opt out so I can get a response from a dermotogy expert?