Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Allergy specialist
Experience:  6 years of experience as a family physician, general practioner; MD -Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I break out with red, blotchy spots on my neck and face when

I break out with red, blotchy spots on my neck and face when my heart rate goes up (usually when I'm nervous). This has been going on for around 15 years and I'm so tired of it. I wear turtle necks and lots of make up to try to cover up because I never know when it's going to happen. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 8 years ago.

This is CHOLINERGIC URTICARIA.

Since an attack can often be felt coming on, it can sometimes be halted by rapid cooling, such as applying cold water or an ice pack to the skin.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up.

please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That's a little hard to do, especially during a meeting at work. Have you ever heard of Hivecten? I did some research on the interent and it was mentioned. I don't know anything about it though. They don't itch, I just feel hot and very embarrassed when it happens.

It is a natural combination of vitamins , minerals etc - no documented role - but you could try it.

Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, so there is no other remedy you suggest? You don't see any harm in trying the Hivecten?

There is no harm - i would still recommend taking anti histamine medications for some time - or just before you think you are going to have a break out - they act quickly and would help with your symptoms.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.