Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Allergy specialist
Experience:  6 years of experience as a family physician, general practioner; MD -Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I have an itchy spot on my knee thats been there for over

I have an itchy spot on my knee that's been there for over a year. It's also very dry and kind of bumpy. What is it?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

It is on one knee? Does your work involve kneeling? What is your age? Could you explain the lesion or upload a picture?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's just on one knee. I'm 23, and healthy. I can try to upload a pic. Give me a moment.

Yes i am online currrently and will wait for your pic.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Here's pic, but it's sideways. The top of my knee is on the righthand side, and this picture seems huge.graphic

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

Avoid sun exposure and use a medicated usn screen whenever you go out.

I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think it will go away, or am I stuck with it?

It would go away - try the above measures - they would help - if it still persist then you would probably need an antibacterial and antifungal preparation.

Wear lose comfortable clothes and avoid sweat accumulation too.

Best regards